Saturday, July 29, 2006

What Hath God Wroght?

I went out camping this weekend and while we were out, we hiked up to Hanging Lake. As we went along, I often looked around at the wonders of God's hand all around me. The mountains, the trees, the river, the lake itself; all incedible and mindboggling. I look at what God has made, and can't help but be reminded Psalms 8:
"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and
the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and
the son of man, that thou visitest him?"

God's creation is truely magnificent, and I find it very humbling that God, who created all the heavens and the earth, should care so much about humanity that he would send his Son to die for us. I also find it amazing tha anyone can look at something so amazing as a cliff that has a continuous stream of water pooring out of it, a crystal clear lake over a thoughsand feet above the canyon floor, or even a tree or insect, and not realize that God created it all. God's creation is truely humbling, and inspiring at the same time.

No comments: