Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Faith of a Child

This semester has shown me some difficult things about myself. I have really seen that I have not been depending on God, but on myself. While praying and struggling with the load I have taken on myself, God showed me that this is why I have been under so much stress, and had difficulty coping with the workload. In His grace, He showed me a picture of what it means to depend on Him, what it means to have the faith of a child.

Jesus said that we must be like children to enter into the Kingdom of God. As I prayed about how I can totally depend on and trust in God to sustain me, I thought of how a little child walks with his father. The child will not worry about food, clothing or shelter, he will not worry about the dangers that lie in the path ahead, where that path leads, or the tasks that must be done on that path. The child does not worry, because he trusts completely in his father, with whom he walks hand in hand.

In Galatians 4 Paul talks about the difference between serving God as a slave, and as a son. I would challenge you to honestly ask, how are you serving God? How are you walking with God? Are you walking with the faith of a son trusting in your Heavenly Father? It is a great encouragement to walk as a son, hand in hand with your Heavenly Father, for what have you to fear when your Father walks beside you?

My Father Walks Beside Me


The path is dark

the way grows dim

I know not where I go

But what have I to fear?

My Father walks beside me


Trials come

and dangers rise

it seems there is no hope

But what have I to fear?

My Father walks beside me


The scoffer mocks

the enemy sneers

I am despised and hated

But what have I to fear?

My Father walks beside me


My hand in His

our strides are matched

His arm around my shoulders

What have I to fear?

My Father walks beside me


I pray that you who read this will really consider your walk with God; do you walk as a son, or a slave?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It is blessing and an encouragement to see you “grow in the grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ.” May God bless you as you continue to “trust in the Lord with all thine heart”.